Oreo Truffles – some people call them oreo balls, but “truffles” just sounds soooo much better than balls don’t you think?
Oreo Truffles are super simple to make, are a kid-friendly dessert, and can be decorated to match the season. This batch was for a pre-Halloween girls trip up to my friend’s cabin.
- One 1 1/3lb Oreos
- 8oz cream cheese
- One 11 oz bag of white chocolate chips or colored candy melts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Crush Oreos in a food processor until crumbly
- Mix room temperature cream cheese with Oreo crumbs until a well combined dough forms
- Roll into one-inch balls
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes on a parchment-lined tray
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave for one minute and stir; then continue in the microwave for 30 seconds or until melted
- Using a fork, dip the chilled Oreo truffles into your chocolate, tap off the excess, and then place the truffle on your parchment lined tray
- Leave plain or decorate with sprinkles and refrigerate until set
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator until ready to serve